Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Sloppy Tuesday

What a day to get a messy dump of snow, slush and freezing rain! I felt like life starting dealing my lemons yesterday and I was doing my best to chop them up in the garbage disposal just to be useful.
Yesterday, we put my mom back on the blue line towards home after a great five days of help. Then the day just unraveled. Nothing extreme, just the usual - traffic, work stress, dramatic decisions between watching Monsters, Inc. or The Lorax...
Jordan still traveling has really gotten old and I've passed a stage of anger into sadness. Since I've been low for so long, I'm at least hoping that I've transitioned from gaining weight (from power-eating and online shopping), to losing weight (from lack of grocery shopping due to laziness). I should be emaciated in no time. Wink.
I did have a slight lunch snafu, when the Mexican Burrito Bowl ordered was a victim of miscommunication between myself and the salsa distributor. He said, "which one?" I said, "not hot." I knew better. What I got was hot hot. Maybe even hot hot hot.
I left the office a little early to get a head start on traffic, and found my car would need a little TLC. $6 on the car wash yesterday - wasted. $5 on ice scraper - genius.

I had plans tonight to take Frank out for some Targeting for real food, but the weather cramped that plan. We drove home from work/school the #65 bus was holding us up. That's when I came up with my newest words of wisdom, "Sometimes you're stuck behind a bus and sometimes you're on that bus. That's just life in the city, but either way, at least you're going somewhere."
That positive thinking is just what I needed...moments later Frank and I got stuck in the driveway. Frank repeated "Daddy can help us" about seven times before I gently said (through clenched teeth) "Daddy's in China!" 
It took 5 attempts, and I was on the brink of tears before we rolled into the garage. Frank happily hollered, "you tried and tried and tried and you did it!" Yes, Sir, Little Man.  I did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment