Wednesday, February 20, 2013

First of 2013!

Blerg! The Blog! I haven't forgotten, just got caught up in things...you know - mothering, wife-ing, The Bachelor, being so cold I can't tell whether or not I've peed my pants!
Today's been full of random thoughts and the first I'd like to share is about tearing the address off of subscription magazines...is it really essential? I finished a Parenting a the gym (yup, I'm that chump WALKING on a treadmill, reading) and wanted to put it in the giveway bin, but felt odd about leaving my address on. Is it rude to tear it off? Is it cool/hipster/risky to leave it on? Do people rip their address off because they are afriad that someone with similiar editorial interests will hunt them down at their home address? Am I just niave?
Next, I just learned that "emo" is short for "emotional." In that case, Frank and I are both emo for sure. Jordan has only been gone since Sunday (4 days) and I'm in phase 4 of my self diagnosed missing Jordan syndrom. First I feel independent. Next I feel overwhelmed. Then I get sad and lonely and the fourth phase (today) I get straight pissed. I don't know how single moms and military wives do it. They must not be as  emo as me.
That reminds me of a similiar life spectrum I broke down to Jordan over our valentine's day dinner. We both got a prix fix (why not just call it Price?) selection and by the third course I was going to burst. I didn't really realize I was speaking out loud and mumbled, "Great, I'm full...now I just going to get mad." I had to explain to Jordan that my hunger-to-full scale is very sensitive and begins and ends with sleep. When I'm really hungry, I just sleep. When I'm really full, I just sleep. Everything in between hangs in a delicate balance between just right and over stuffed. If I gorge myself, the time in between being really full, angry because of it and fast alseep is short lived.
It was a romantic evening for sure.
We took Frank to the Field Museum. I got him all jacked up to see Dinosaurs and forgot he is afraid of skeletons. I didn't make the connection until he saw the bones of the T-Rex and lost it. The day wasn't a total loss though - also happening that morning in the same area was: free days at the aquarium, Chinese New Year, Auto Show and Cross Town hockey at Soldier Field. Mommy earned a "F" in failure to research that day. Traffic gave him a lot to observe and when a giant Land Rover reversed into our car, smashing the bumper, Frank thought it was HILARIOUS.
Until next time...hopefully within Q1 of 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment