Monday, April 16, 2012

Dirty Mushroom

Tonight I found myself overwhelmed with dinner and I was only "making" a frozen pizza and a salad. Seriously. It's been a long day and I'm still recovering from my birthday tom-foolery. Jordan was out (rushing to file our taxes!) so Frank was in the chair feasting while I chopped veggies for the Digiorno. There were plenty of mushrooms to go around, so I sauteed a few for Frank and kept on with my "cooking". My lack of 100% attention enraged him and he windmilled his tray, sending peas, carrots, cucumbers and mushrooms all over. I count on Stella to eat the mess.
Jordan sashayed in moments later and sat across from Frank while I finished dinner. We talked (he talked and I mostly thought about how half-assed I do things nowadays) and then I started to clean up.
I snatched a bowl from the table and ate a few leftover mushrooms...as they were going down something felt gritty. I whipped around to see wide-eyed Jordan, about to tell me those mushrooms had been on the floor.
Awesome.
Could they have been in Frank's mouth? Stella's mouth? When did I last Swiffer? Where had Jordan's hands been before he picked them up?
Answers I will never know.
I'm hoping Corona has antiseptic qualities.
I keep telling Jordan he can laugh now, but he hasn't cracked...yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment